Friday, April 26, 2019

Rocking Your World 2019; Week 17

This will be a fairly quick post today as on Wednesday our son Tom arrived, at our request, so that he can house/animal sit for us while we have a few days away next week. But we do have just a short time together first, and a day or two when we come back, and I don't want to spend all that time sitting at the computer.
It is really a working holiday for Tom as much of what he does is computer based. While I write this he is on a conference call with his colleagues in Denmark, (where he lives), and enjoying the sunshine at the same time. Isn't technology marvellous?

Another family photo that made me smile this week. It is my lovely grand-daughter with her husband and two gorgeous boys. Emma's friend, Nesta Lloyd, is a professional photographer, and every now and again she takes some photos of the two boys, and this time, one of all the family. So this is credited to Nesta. Such lovely smiling faces.
This was a special week for us as last Saturday, Chris and I celebrated our Ruby wedding anniversary. I put together this picture for my Facebook page.

While rooting through our wedding photos I also found this one which amazed all my friends out here, none of whom knew me forty years ago.
I still have the cheesy smile, but not the hair unfortunately! I remember my mum being cross that this was taken. She always maintained that a bride should not be photographed alone on her wedding day. But we are still together forty years on so she need not have worried.
We had a fairly low key celebration at the weekend, but at church on Sunday we were given these beautiful flowers. What a lovely surprise!
It was a lovely Easter service this week and we started with a wonderful trio of tenors who sang "The Holy City". I was hoping to share the video of it with you, but I don't have an internet link for it, but anyone on Facebook can find it on my home page.

The week hasn't been all good as our beautiful Norwegian Forest cat, Charlie has been very poorly. I am almost certain that he had a small stroke. He went missing for a day and when he came home he looked very 'spaced out', and just laid in bed all day. All over the holiday weekend, he stayed in bed, and only got up to have a drink of water. He didn't (wouldn't) eat anything and he felt very light and thin. On Monday I cooked a little chicken liver and mashed it up in plenty of liquid and he started to lick at that. Then he came into the sitting room. He still didn't jump up on his favourite spot along the back of the settee. He just layed out on the floor, and was almost flat.
But each day he ate a little more, and got a little stronger, and started walking around the house. Last night he was up on the furniture again. Today he ate a good breakfast and is almost back to his normal self, so I let him go outside. He is staying near the house and we will keep an eye on where he goes, as I know he could suddenly have another stronger stroke, but is is good to see him well on the road to recovery. He is eleven years old, but before this he was more of a kitten than my younger cats, loving to play and always on the go.

My nice sky photos have been in short supply recently, as there has been much less sun than we would expect for April. But one evening this week I did see a lovely golden glow in the sky and took this picture.
I was getting our tea at the time so I kept looking out of the kitchen window as I could see some clouds gathering. And suddenly we were treated to this beautiful show, so another photo was in order before it disappeared.

I will leave it there for this week. Next Monday we will be off to Ronda for four days, a proper celebration for our anniversary, coming home late on Thursday night, so whether or not I will manage a post next week I don't know. But for now I will link up with Rocking Your World and Annie's Friday Smiles, and I'll be back soon.

6 comments:

Annie said...

What beautiful flowers your friends gave you. I can't have to lilies in the house but will enjoy yours from here so thank you for sharing them. I really hope you have a wonderful time celebrating your Wedding Anniversary....Lovely photos before and after and the one of you is really lovely.
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congrats on your ruby wedding anniversary. 40 years is a long time and shows that marriage is still alive in some parts of the world. Your flowers from church are gorgeous and I really enjoyed seeing that photo of you as a bride.

I have a friend who does most of his work using a computer, so can travel, too. Your son certainly looks engrossed.

Poor Charlie. Gosh, he looks bad in that photo. I hope he gets even stronger, now.

Have a fun time away and we'll keep the lights on till you return. Have a super weekend, too, Kate. For once I am NOT late visiting (grin).

Virginia said...

Oh that's a lovely post, how lovely of your son to come and house sit whilst you are away. I hope you enjoy your time together and your break as well.

The flowers from Church are beautiful and I love your scrapbook page, what a brilliant photo of then and now, it's good to know the photo of you on your own has had no bearing on the length of your marriage as I too had quite a few done 'before' the wedding photos were taken - phew!

I hope your cat continues to recover and get back to his old self.

I also love the sky photos as always but I love the family shot of your grand daughter and her family, what an amazing photo of them all!

Have a brilliant week,

Hugs

Lilly's Mom said...

Happy Anniversary 🎉 I hope you enjoy your celebration.

Lisca said...

Belated happy anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful time in Ronda.
Such lovely photos. I love the then-and-now wedding photo, and the photo of the bride on her own (shock horror) is beautiful. Gosh your hair is amazing!
I'm sorry to hear Charlie has not been well. What a worry. But he's better now by the sounds of it, and I'm sure Tom will keep an eye on him.
Enjoy your little holiday in Ronda,
Looking forward to the photos when you come back.
Hugs,
Lisca

kiwimeskreations said...

Congratulations on your anniversary Kate - and yes, the smile is the same :-) I love it. Sorry to hear Charlie has been poorly, and I do hope he doesn't succumb to another stroke.
Enjoy your break and don't stress over blogging if you can't make it
Blessings
Maxine