Friday, October 4, 2024

Friday Smiles 2024 Week 40

Hi again. What a whirlwind week! The weekend and Monday were spent doing all the last minute bits of tidying up - making sure all rubbish bags had been put out, sweeping the garden, power-washing the porch etc. Then on Tuesday morning the young man came to take the photos for the website. Before he arrived, Tom walked through and round the house making a video for us to keep, and I also took a still photo of each area. Obviously I am not showing them all here, but this is now my craft room as you see it when you walk in the door.

On the opposite side is my remaining desk with my computer, Silhouette Cameo, and lazer cutter, and my printer, plus a very tiny work space. Obviously I am not expecting to do much crafting here, but if I need it, I have a fold up camping table that I can put up under the window and quickly fold away again when anyone comes to view the house.

This is the plant I showed last week as a tangled mass of green, now untangled and sitting on the corner of the mantleshelf where it seems to be quite happy.

I know I have a lot of jumpers and cardigans. I like them to match what I am wearing, and for a few short weeks out here, they do get used. They tend to get bundled onto these shelves getting gradually more untidy, but now they are neatly folded and almost colour coded!  It makes me smile every time I walk into the bedroom and see them. I just hope I can keep them like this.

And one last minute thing I did was to send Tom to the supermarket for some fresh fruit so the fruit bowl looked lovely. I do like to see it like this, but all through the heat of the summer I have to put it all away in the fridge, but it will look good in the photos.

They have promised us that the house will be on the website by the weekend, but it is not up yet.

This week Tom has emptied the last three very high up cupboards above the fitted wardrobes in the bedrooms, and one in the garage. I have sorted everything out into four piles, keep, charity shop, recycle and bin, and tomorrow we will deliver the middle two, and the first one will be packed away neatly. Now I know that everything in the boxes and cupboards is for keeping, which will make packing much easier when the time comes.

And finally some rather lovely skies. On Friday night we had this, which was a bit unusual, and very pretty.

Then it has remained hot and sunny most days but with raher more cloud gathering in the afternoons, so I have been watching out for a good sunset, and last night we got it. When I walked round the back of the house it looked like a giant owl was swooping down on us. 

Tom and I both took pictures of it and I told him that if we waited a few minutes it would probably turn red. So we sat and watched as the colour deepened to gold, and then finally was had this bright fiery red. Stunning!


As it faded away, we were just going back inside when I looked back and saw one last face peeping down on us.

And with that I will say goodnight, and tomorrow I will publish this and link up with Annie's Friday Smiles.

No comments: