Friday, November 12, 2021

Rocking Your World 2021: Week 46

I have a short post this week (short for me anyway!), as it has been a very quiet one. We have been out a couple of times. Once was to go to the bank to complete some required paper work. Sometimes this can involve a long wait but we were lucky this week. We had no wait, and a very helpful lady did the paperwork with us, so that is a good job done. 

On Monday we went to the vet with Kim. She confirmed what we had already suspected, that he is starting to get arthritis in his hips - a common complaint with German Shepherd dogs - with some inflamation causing the swelling I had found at the top of his back leg. So he is now on anti-imflamatory drugs for a month with some others tablets to help build up the damaged muscle, and he also has anti-biotic drops for an ear infection! But he is his usual gentle self and still spend a lot of time sleeping on our settee, or out on the porch with us when it is sunny enough. I had to laugh when I took my morning cuppa out yesterday. Kim was asleep, 'overflowing' Foxy's little bed, while a much more alert Foxy was sitting on Kim's bed. 



It must have been Kim's choice because he would have soon shifted Foxy if he had wanted his own bed back.

On Tuesday we had to take the car to our mechanic friend who puts it through its I.T.V., (same as M.O.T. in UK) for us. So we drove over to Huerta Nueva - the urbanisation across the main road from us which is a part of Los Gallardos, left the car at his house, and although Andy was willing to drive us back home, we opted to walk. It was a lovely morning with blue skies, but cool enough to make walking comfortable. I actually hit my target of 5,000steps in a day, which hasn't happened for a long while! Huerta Nueva is built on a big area of campo, and although there is now some building going on to expand it, there is still a lot of open ground. So I stopped to try another panoramic photo, as my last one was very distorted, and I have read up about how to do it better. As you can see, there is very little distortion in this one. Chris looks fine, and in the distance behind him you can see the Cabrera mountains, but only just, as we were in a bit of a dip where I took it.

As we walked back I saw this lovely patch of flowers in a roadside bed under a palm tree. It is bright pink bougainvillea and pale almost blue plumbago. They looked so pretty together.

I am happy to say that the car passed its test with nothing needing to be done, and Andy returned it to us by lunch time. So we are grateful for that.

I went out the back one night and was struck by how bright the little sliver of moon was, and there was one bright, lonely star visible as well. I wanted to take a picture of them but couldn't get a sharp one because my camera could pick up the feint full moon not visible to my eyes. So this was the best I could do.

I am still managing to do a couple of rows to my big blanket most days. I have around twenty five balls of wool in a row at the minute and after each row I sort them all out so the tangles don't get out of hand. We have had a couple of wet evening this week so the cats have chosen to stay in with us and I had a bit more help than I really needed. Fortunately they took it in turns to sit on me. I couldn't have managed both of them as well as the blanket and the box of wool! Tango is showing his age now (around 12 we think), and he just wants to be warm and comfortable, so he sleeps on me, regardless of what I am doing, and rest his chin on my strands of wool.

Tolly on the other hand, thinks anything that moves is worth playing with, and he fishes the balls out of the box and steals the pen I cross off my pattern with! So not much gets done when he jumps on me. He looks sleepy here, but don't be fooled!

On Wednesday I took a couple of cloud photos. Earlier I saw this funnel of cloud, going down behind the houses. 

Later I saw this one. It looks like a bird swooping down on us.


And that's about it for this week. I did have a long video chat with my sister one afternoon, but son Ben is on holiday this week so we didn't have our usual session.

So I will link up with Annie's Friday Smiles and hopefully some of you will join in with what has made you happy/grateful this week.


6 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Kate, where would we be without our little friends to help us with jobs and keep us company, oh and make a mess! Our girl dog Maisie has arthritis in her back legs and the vet has put her on a new medication called Librella which doesn't damage the liver like some of the medications. She has an injection once a month and it's like a miracle, at thirteen she is never going to be brilliant but now she walks to the park and back whereas before we had to carry her half the way. Apparently it is proving so successful that they are trying to come up with something similar for humans. Hope your weekend is a happy one. Hugs, Angela xXx

Annie said...

It looks like we both have little furry friends who love to help us. Where would we be without them? I hope Kim feels better soon.
Hugs,
Annie x

Anonymous said...

Another test to see if it’ll let me comment. I wrote a long comment and it got deleted as it doesn’t like my email account. Never mind. So jealous you can sit out in the sun but I am enjoying the real fire this week x. It’s Ben by the way. Love you mum x

Lisca said...

I'm sorry to hear about Kim's diagnosis. But you did say you expected it. I hope the vets can keep him comfortable with medication.
Having the car pass its ITV is always a relief so I'm glad yours passed.
Oh look at those cats and that wool! It's a miracle you get anything done!
We've had some impressive cloud formations. But I'm not like you in that I see faces in them. But I do like to look at the clouds.
Have a lovely weekend,
(I'm off to a women's conference at a church in Fuengirola)
Hugs,
lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think the Covid booster I got on Wednesday contained a sleeping pill instead of the booster. I can't seem to stay awake, no matter what I try. That's why I'm so late visiting today.

Sorry to read about Kim. I hope the meds work and help. When I lived in a different state, I had to get my car inspected before I could get my new license plate. I don't have to do that where I live now. It's a blessing. It's great yours passed with flying colors.

LOVE those cloud formations. The last one looks like it could be a storm cloud in the making.

Our furry friends sure like to help. Squiggles is trying to type right now. He is actually trying to get my attention because he wants food. Hope your Friday was great and your Saturday is going good right now. Enjoy your weekend, Kate. Again, sorry I am so late visiting, but it's still Friday in my world.

Celtic house said...

A lovely post as always, I love to see the animals - Foxy's eyes are so pretty, I'm glad you got Kim some treatment I hope it helps quickly. Your walk back sounds lovely and I'm glad the car went straight through. The moon photo is lovely too. I hope you have a lovely week xx