Friday, March 11, 2022

Friday Smiles 2022: Week 10

Wow Thursday has rolled around so fast again, but here I am preparing my post for tomorrow. It has been a busy week but I have very little to show you.

But here is my big smile this week.

Aren't they lovely? Success at last. My little tete-a-tete daffs have flowered and sitting among my now planted violas, they make a lovely pot of Springtime on my front step. They make me smile every time I go out.

In the background you can just glimpse my Christmas poinsettias that are still looking quite good!

In other news, having waited over a year for a hospital appointment, I have four in two weeks, (two down and two to go). I am grateful that things are moving. I don't think I have anything to worry about, but it will be good to have all tests etc done and dusted before my UK trip at the end of the month.

Kim has also finally managed his trip to the vet. Again, Ellen was not overly concerned, but he is having a blood test next week just to make sure. Like most German Shepherds he is developing arthritis in his back legs which may have to be treated each month, but that is a decision we have yet to make. He is only eight and a half, but acts much older than Foxy who is thirteen now. Here is my beautiful boy Kim. I had to bribe him with treats. They both hate posing for the camera!



On Sunday Chris and I went to a Red Cross open day. We were hoping to get some information about their red button alarm system but the right person was not there. I am waiting for a phone call to learn more. But we watched a demonstration on resuscitation. I am First Aid trained because I was manager of a nursery for several years, but each time I did my required refresher course, they had changed the number of heart compressions etc, but on Sunday it was still very much as I have been taught. There were also several stalls asking us to become members, and some telling us about how they are helping the situation in Ukraine, so it was quite an interesting outing.

On the crochet front, I made one more little Weebie doll, this time the smallest in the family and they have a mass of curly hair.

Here is it with the other two I made so you can see the different sizes. My sister said I am on a roll, but I think I have probably stopped rolling for now.

We have had a rather wet week, but yesterday the sun came out and I was happy to have a catch-up day emptying my laundry hamper, and getting everything dry outside. Today I stripped the bed and now the sheets are blowing around outside so hopefully they will be dry soon too. That always makes me happy.

Now I am going to turn to my crafting desk and get some cards made. I am trying to do all the ones I will need while I am away. At least I will be able to hand deliver some of them this year.

And with that I will link up with Annie's Friday Smiles.

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love that pot of spring flowers. At first, I thought it was a bouquet someone had sent you. It is very well done, Kate.

I always admire people who have cats and dogs that will pose for the camera. I see Kim is shy like my two cats. They see my camera and they run and hide. I hope he is all right. Hope all is well with you, too. I am sure you are going to have a wonderful time in the UK next month. Have a super weekend and a great new week. Love that latest little dolly.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful flowers Kate. My girl dog Maisie has Arthritis in one leg and she has an injection once a month, it has been like a miracle. We used to have to carry her to the park and back again and now she walks all the way though slowly and all the way back. She is 14 this year so that's pretty good I think. Loving your dollies they are so sweet. Good luck in getting the cards made to. Hugs, Angela xXx

Lisca said...

Oh how lovely! Your flower basket with violets and daffodils is a sight for sore eyes.
It's really good that you have your appointment before you go back to the UK. They must be finally catching up after Covid.
Thank you for praying for Graham. He appreciates it very much.
Lovely photo of Kim. Indeed he does not look very happy being photographed.
The Red Cross Open Day sounds interesting. What's this about a red button alarm system. My mum has a red alarm button round her neck but it has nothing to do with the Red Cross.
Those dollies are really cute. For your unborn granddaughter? (or is it great grand daughter? I lost count)
We have had very little rain although it has been forecast nearly every day. But it hasn't materialized. I hope the rain that is forecast for this weekend will not happen either as I am going on a walk on Sunday and on a trip on Saturday.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

kiwimeskreations said...

Glad to hear your medical appointments are finally happening - all the best with the outcomes.
Isn't it sad when our pets age and become crippled with arthritis...
Loving your flowers - the daffs look gorgeous with the pansies
Love that wee doll - the trio are gorgeous together.
Nothing quite like catching up with first aid - it's always useful = as are the 'red button' devices - here in NZ St John monitor some, and there are also ones monitored by private organisations.
Love washing dried outside - it makes me smile too
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Celtic house said...

I'm glad you are making progress on the medical appointment front, never fun but like you said far better to get them out of the way.

I'm also glad you finally got to take Kim to the vets, hope you can sort that situation too.

Your spring flowers made me smile, I've got some pots on the front of the house that are absolutely singing with flowers at the moment, and they make me smile when I arrive home.

I hope you get to find out about the red alarm button but glad you managed to check on your first aid skills.

The crocheted dolls are super cute as well - as always I admire the skill so much.

We have woke to a little rain this morning, but off to YSP so I'm hoping it eases off.

Enjoy the crafting I was at my scrapping table yesterday whilst hubby watched (and I half watched) six nations rugby, hoping to manage a few more hours later. I've put a kit of 40 pages together so that should keep me busy for a bit.

Hugs