Friday, August 25, 2023

Friday Smiles 2023 #Week 34

 Hi. Sorry I missed last week's posts. I didn't even manage to visit any of you. My holiday is keeping me busy, so this will be a quick post today.

Last weekend I was with my son Mike in Llanymynech, a small village on the English/Welsh border. I was only with him for a few days but we packed a lot into them, including a big family day with my grandchildren and great-grandchildren, a stroll through the beautiful grounds of Powys Castle, and a visit to the Oswestry Balloon Carnival to watch the night glow. The centre of the park was cordoned off and five hot air balloons were inflated. They are huge that close up. Round the edge there were ten baskets with their burners but no balloons,  and together they gave blasts of fire in time to the music. All quite impressive. 


Now I am with my youngest son Ben on the edge of Cheshire. We had a lovely day out at Bridgemere Garden World. I used to take my boys there when they were small to see the tropical fish. It has been taken over by a different company but was still worth a day out. We were there for seven hours and didn't see it all. 



Yesterday some friends came over with small children, so we took them to a local farm complex to feed the animals.

Tomorrow I move on to my son Jonathan's house for my last few days. He us in Manchester, less than an an hour's drive from here. That makes it easy to get a flight home from Manchester on Thursday.

I will write more about my holiday when I get home as I am more comfortable using my PC than the fiddly little buttons on this phone. And of course I have plenty of photos to show you too. But for now I will just link up with Annie's Friday Smiles. And I will try to visit some of you too.

7 comments:

Lisca said...

I'm so glad you are having a great time. Ive been to Powys Castle. But seeing the balloons must have been spectacular!
Lookingh forward to hearing more about your holiday and seeing photos of the places you visited.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

LA Paylor said...

oooo a dream trip... though an area I'd like to explore, have lots of fun Kate
LeeAnna

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased you're having a good time. I love a big garden centre. I'm amazed at how well you've posted this on your phone. Enjoy the rest of your time away. Hugs, Angela xXx

kiwimeskreations said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with family Kate - those gardens look amazing. I am looking forward to seeing more of your photos
Blessings
Maxine

Iris Flavia said...

No ten horses would get me into such a balloon! ;-)
They look great, though!
Fun to have sons, I guess. Sometimes I wonder if I was right not having children (but it´s too late now).

Chapeau for posting via phone!!!!
Enjoy the rest of your holidays, hugs

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had planned to visit sooner, but after my meeting, I stopped at a take out restaurant and got a salad. Took it home. It tasted funny, but I ate it anyway because I've noticed some places add a salad extender to their salads. Soon I was bent over, struggling to stop the wrenching. I was sick all day and night. Now I am marginally better.

I like how you experienced so many diverse activities with your sons. I bet that balloon experience was stunning. Loud, too, I'm sure. That garden center would be a place I would enjoy, but that farm complex was my favorite. I want that front yard minus the statue. I would supply my own. But I want the flowers, the various areas, etc. Have a super rest of your weekend and a great holiday, dear Kate.

Celtic house said...

Oh you sound like you are having a wonderful time, enjoy every minute of it. The balloon festival looks fun and water gardens too. I love Powys Castle a beautiful garden with amazing topiaries if my memory serves me right xxx