Friday, November 24, 2023

Friday Smiles 2023 #Week 47

A very short post today. I  have spent much of the day in A&E following a fall down our two front steps. I have broken my arm/shoulder , my right one of course! So I am doing this left-handed with one finger.

Here are the photos I had prepared for today.

Christmas is coming and our angel is back.

Our new furniture has arrived and we love it.



The cats approve too so we had to add some covers.
My latest craft project - a macrame wreath, complete with red and gold beads. Glad I finished it before I hurt my arm.

More new clothes. Lucky me!

We were loading up the car to take two bags of discarded tops and jumpers to a charity shop, when I fell!

A kind Spanish lady who was passing helped us call an abulance and they helped me up and drove me to our medical centre where they cleaned and dressed the cut on my head, gave me painkiller injection and did temporary strapping on my arm. Then Chris drove me to the hospital where I was wheeled between x-rays, consultants and nurses, and sat in the waiting room while a furher painkiller and then a saline drip flowed through me.

Now I am rocking an immobilising sling with strict instructions not try to move my arm at all. I have a good prescription for analgesics which hopefully will see me through some uncomfortable nights, and I return to see the consultant again on 13th December.
Well I made it through the night ..... just, most of it in my reclinrt chair, so now I am linking up with Annie's Friday Smiles.









8 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, bummer! I hope it heals well and fast! Big hugs from here!...

Annie said...

Oh Kate you have been in the wars...I hope it heals soon and you recover well. I love your new chairs....get yourself sat in one with your feet up for a while.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

Oh Kate! How unfortunate! Poor you! Well, you got through the first night. Now quite a few more until the 1º0th.
Your new furniture is lovely. The armchairs are the same as mine but in a different fabric and colour. I love the colour of yours. I assume you will be spending a lot of time on your new furniture, as you're not allowed to do anything.
I hope it heals soon (and well),
Wishing you strength,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh No! Kate you poor thing. Sorry I'm late today just got caught up with stuff Again! Pleased you have somewhere comfy to sit while you get over all this. Take care Angela xXx

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Kate - how painful - you are not the first to sleep in a recliner with an a broken arm - I had a friend who had to do likewise... I do hope you follow Dr's orders and totally REST your arm. Of course you had to break the right one!
Your new furniture looks stunning, and comfortable!! Even the cats approve!
Lovely to see you have "your" angel back :)
Blessings
Maxine

Celtic house said...

Oh Kate you poor thing and still finding positives after your fall. The new furniture is lovely it looks very comfortable. Glad to see the angel back too that's great. I'm also glad you got seen quickly and hope the recovery is the same, take it easy and heed the doctors warnings. Hugs

Virginia

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is HORRIBLE news, Kate. I'm sure you are glad you have all your cards made, but still it's not a good time to fall.

The new furniture is beautiful. I really like that color. Great new clothes, too.

I got a "Failed to Publish." I'll keep trying until it publishes.

Di said...





Oh no Kate! I do so hope you heal quickly - perfect timing for the new reclining furniture. I adore the colour and love your new clothes - here's hoping you're out and about in good time for Christmas. So lovely to see you have 'your' angel again!

With love and hugs
Di xx