Friday, December 1, 2023

Friday Smiles 2023 #Week 48

Well I have had one week of convalescing and am able to walk around and manage a  few simple left-handed tasks but it is still to painful to move the broken arm at all. So I have little to show this week, but here I am settled on my 24 hour home for now, with all three cats wanting to keep me company. I think it has something to do with my blanket, but with all of them on me, I don't really need the blanket.

When I looked at last week's post again, I realised I had mentioned my latest project,  but forgot to add the photo. So here is my macrame Chtistmas wreath.

I am so glad I got it finished before my accident. Sadly no more Christmas crafting for this year, and even more sadly, no mince pies this year either!

I am incredibly grateful for all the concerned messages and love I have received from blog friends and Facebook friends. Thank you all.

 And that is my limit for this week. Hopefully I will get this linked up to Annie's Friday  Smiles in the morning.

6 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Kate it's good to see you smiling and your lovely company too. Gorgeous Christmas Wreath which reminds me I must get some decs out today. We've been busy with mum this week and not had time to think about it. Stay safe and have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, an arm can take a while. Just take care the tendons don´t shorten too much due to no movement...
I love your macrame-work!
Even if blocked by lovely cats, enjoy the weekend and advent-time, x

Annie said...

Your macrame Christmas wreath is gorgeous....I'm making one with free machined flowers [if it ever gets finished]. I hope your arm/shoulder isn't too painful my friend and it heals soon.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

Oh poor you! How annoying (and painful)! Don't know what us worse: no Christmas crafting or no mince pies. But you are staying positive. That is good.
I love the photo of you and all the cats. A blanket of fur!
The macramé is amazing. Really beautiful.
I hope your arm heals soon,
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunner your macrame wreath is Kate - it is so intricate and beautiful!!
Wonderful to see a photo of you also - the cats certainly are loving on you...
Who said you can only eat mince pies at Christmas - celebrate your recovery and eat them when you can make them :)
Blessings
Maxine

Celtic house said...

Ah I missed this one last week, so sorry. The photo of you and the cats made me chuckle, love the macrame wreath utterly stunning. Sad face on the baking front, hope the recovery isn't too painful, gentle hugs xxx