Friday, June 15, 2018

Rocking Your World; Week 24

As I have little news this week, I am starting my post with two pictures that have caught my eye on social media, and made me smile!

Firstly this one with the caption: Brexit: Britain leaves Europe and sails off into the sunset!


And secondly, this one with the caption,
See what happens when you cut down all the trees!

Well here we are another week further on, and what a hot one it has been. We are now averaging around 27ΒΊ, with some afternoons topping the 30ΒΊ mark. I've even managed to get into the pool a couple of times. We have invested in an exercise machine. I am not one for going to the gym, or jogging down the street, but I am aware that my life is becoming rather sedentary, so hopefully this will enable me to do a little gentle exercise every day. And it is a great incentive when you know you can dive straight into a cooling pool after each session. My weight fluctuates very little, whatever I eat, so I am not expecting great changes there, but I am hoping to keep my diabetes under control. We shall see!

I have finished Part 4 of my Cosmic blanket. (There are 9 parts including the border so I have a way to go yet). But now it really is time to pack it away until next Autumn. I really like the pattern and am very pleased with how it is going so far.
There have been some new stitches and techniques to learn along the way, and the most challenging for me was the ruffle stitch. I have done it already on an earlier round, but here it is again on the final round of part 4.
You can see how my hot hands are making the wool go fluffy, so it is definitely the right decision to put it away for now.

My new fur-baby is settling in well. He voluntarily came and sat on my lap one evening, though he kept a wary eye on Tango, asleep on the back of the settee.
But he soon decided that Tango was not a threat, and he settled down too. He is a lot heavier on my knees than any of the other cats.
Charlie and Tango are tolerating each other fairly well, but Paco is less inclined to make him welcome, and he really doesn't like the dogs.
Today he was really brave and followed me down to my very untidy craft room, usually the sole domain of Arwen, who is not the friendliest cats at the best of times. But after a half-hearted hiss or two, they took a desk each and settled down really well together.

And that just leaves me with a final update on my lovely new kitchen. The men came yesterday and did the finishing touches, and everything is now back in place. Chris spent this morning putting up the towel rail, utensil rail and paper towel dispenser, and at last I feel I have my kitchen back - only even better.
So here are what I promise will be the last two photos.


There are no Annie's Smiles to link up with today as Annie is enjoying a well-deserved holiday.
And no Virginia either yet, but I'll keep a look out and link up later if she does post.
Now linked up at Virginia's blog.

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Somehow, I didn't get the message that Annie was gone until I saw she wasn't at WOYWW this week. I should have realized she wouldn't be at Friday Smiles, but I guess I have to be beaten over the head for things to sink in.

Speaking of sinks, your kitchen is looking fabulous. You can certainly be proud of it now.

So glad Charlie is feeling more comfortable around the other fur babies. It's hard when you introduce a new one to an existing home. Just ask Bleubeard!

LOVED the dogs photo. It was truly smile worthy. Have a super weekend and remainder of Friday, too.

Virginia said...

Hello sweetie, I'm late, I started the post this morning, but only managed to finish it just now - so sorry! The kitchen looks amazing - I mean AMAZING, I bet you love it.

The exercise equipment sounds like hard work but a swimming pool afterwards sounds like bliss.

I'm loving seeing your new arrival settling in and the photo of him on your lap made me smile!

As for the blanket, it is stunning as always but 27 degrees and 30 degrees means I completely understand the need to pop the blanket away!

I hope you have a fabulous weekend and week ahead.

Much love

Jean said...

Your first two pictures made me smile and I love how your blanket is looking.
I glad to see that Charlie is settling in with the other cats.
Your kitchen looks really good now doesn't it? I bet you are thrilled to bits with it.
Jean xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Live sometimes is fairly ho hum, but drama soon palls too - I have had enough of that this week!
Love that Charlie is settling in well, even with Arwyn! Your crochet looks amazing, and I look forward to eventually seeing it completed.
Blessings
Maxine

Annie said...

Holiday over so I’ve found time to catch up with your news. The kitchen looks amazing....I bet you really enjoy being in there. Lovely to see your new fur baby is settling in and finding his place in the pecking order....or hissing order πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ l love how the latest blanket is coming along but understand it’s time to put it away for now.
Hope you enjoy the new exercise bike ....I think I’d enjoy the pool more πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Hugs,
Annie x