Friday, August 31, 2018

Rocking Your World 2018: Week 35


Just popping in for a very quick post today. Here I am with our son Tom, who looks as though he has had a very good holiday. He certainly has a good tan to take home to chilly Denmark early next week.

I am a bit late writing today as we spent the afternoon at the village pool, which was completely empty when we arrived (except for the two young lifeguard/ticket collectors). Doesn't it look wonderful. There were quite a few families there by the time we left though.
I managed to swim quite a few lengths today, despite the arthritis in my arms and shoulders. I did much better than on my first visit here this year. Sadly this will be my last chance to use it as, for the Spaniards, holidays end as September arrives. Also I think it is mainly manned by students who will be preparing to return to college very soon.

There weren't many folk left when Tom left the water park in Vera yesterday either. That too will close very soon, so they ended the season with half-price entry for the last few days and Tom took of advantage of that.
This was taken from the top level looking down on the wave pool and swimming lagoon, but he spent most of his time on the slides, and thoroughly enjoyed himself, going on each of them at least three times. He posted a selfie on Facebook with the caption, "I was the biggest kid at the water park".

This picture shows my second son Mike, (aged 45), with his fourteen year old son, on an horrific 'ride' at an amusement park in Wales. They were hoisted up to an incredible height and then catapulted out to swing in a wide arc, back and forth many times before coming to rest. On the video he sent me, at one point they are seen with their arms wide spread and Mike is saying "I'm flying. I really am Peter Pan"! I am sure he will never grow up, and I have to wonder how I came to give birth to such a nutter. But at least he knows how to enjoy himself. He described it as 'terrifying but at the same time an awesome experience'. There is no accounting.....!

And that is just about it for this week. By next week it will be back to just Chris and I, so maybe I'll find time to write a better post. But now I am going to sit outside and share the jug of sangria that Tom made - before they drink it all. But first I will link up with Rocking Your World, and Annie's Friday Smiles. And I will leave you with a little funny I saw on Facebook this week. It is not the first time I have seen it, so it may be familiar to you too, but it still made me smile, and that's what we want to see on Social media, things that make us smile.

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patty Whack.
"Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday."
Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.
Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.
The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.
Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.
She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral." She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?"
(You're gonna love this.)
The bank manager looks back at her and says, "It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."
(You sang it, didn't you? Yeah, I know you did.)


4 comments:

Annie said...

So lovely to see your family enjoying their time with you. I’m sure it will seem very quiet when they’ve all gone home. Mike really is much more daring than me....even when I was much younger. Love the funny 😂😂😂
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

Everybody seems to have had lots of (water) fun!
I don't know why the swimming pool would close at the end of august, as the schools don't start for a< while yet (I think).
Mike's ride looks very frightening. Worse than a bungee jump I would think. Never in a million years!
I'm afraid I didn't get the joke about the frog. Probably because I didn't know the song. Kermit is from the Muppets, but I never watched the muppets, (so I don't know the songs.)
I bet you will be glad to be on your own for a while after such a busy summer (however great it is to see your family).
Have a relaxing week,
Lisca

kiwimeskreations said...

Yes, Kate, I sang it (again) with a smile! Looks as though your son's have both had a great time of late.
Blessings
Maxine

Virginia said...

Ah more visitors enjoying their time with you, your son looks like he had an awesome time and he looks like he has made full use of all the water facilities in the area, the water park looks fabulous fun. Your other son's photo raised a smile but there is absolutely no way that you would find me doing anything like that I'm always the one stood holding the bags for anything like that!

I hope you have a fabulous weekend and week ahead.

Much love

xxx