Friday, November 29, 2019

Rocking Your World 2019: Week 48

Not much of a post this week folks. It has been a very quiet week here. The virus is proving hard to shake and I have little energy. What I have is used up coughing! Poor Chris is much the same. He started coughing before I did, but did not have the really bad days I had last week. But he too is finding it hard to shake the cough. But one of the blessings of being retired is that, if you don't feel like doing anything much, then you can curl up in your favourite chair and recouperate in your own time, so that is what we have done.
I did venture out to choir practice on Wednesday, but had to listen more than I sang. With only a couple of rehearsals left before our concert I thought I ought to be there. 
Yesterday we went together to do the monthly food shop. We were glad to get back home, but at least it is done.
Tonight is the last practice before our concert for my other choir, so I will be going to that too. We are to run through the whole programme, so it is an important one.
We have had bad news and good news this week. Two good friends have suffered major strokes, and another is in hospital with a serious chest infection. It is a part of living in a mainly retired, non-Spanish community, that your friends start to fail, but it is sad when it hits so many at the same time. Fortunately we have a good health service here, and for now at least, we have easy access to it, so they are all being well cared for.
The good news is that son number two, Michael, wrote to say he and his lovely partner Lucy are coming to spend two days with us immediately before Christmas. They each share custody of their children from previous marriages, but just occasionally they get a few days when it is just the two of them, enabling them to go off on one of their adventures. So it is lovely that they have decided to spend this time popping over to wish us Happy Christmas. 
And now our eldest son (Father Jim) and his wife Jo, have asked to come out to celebrate Three Kings, or Epiphany with us at the start of January. It is a long time since they were here, but with their three children all away at University, they are taking the opportunity to come. Jim has always wanted to find out more about how the festival is celebrated here, and they do it so well in our village. So that is lots to look forward to.
Now to get the house sorted out after a fortnight of neglect, ready for me to get the decorations out.

So I will leave you with my only photos for this week, which are of a very interesting sunset. It started off with just a nice patch of light low down on the horizon. Then plumes of clouds formed in lovely shapes which picked up the colours of the setting sun. I am sure you will like them as much as I do.






And now I will link up with Annie's Friday Smiles and Rocking Your World, and maybe I will have more photos for next week. 

4 comments:

Annie said...

Oh Kate I'm really sorry to hear you've both had such a bad time with your viruses....I really hope you manage to shake them off very soon so you can prepare for and enjoy your times with your family.
Big hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Kate, gorgeous photos. For once it's lovely and sunny here though I don't suppose it will last. Sorry to hear you've not been feeling too good, guess it's that time of the year and your friends, I fear as we get older more of the people we love seem to have health problems. Hope your weekend is a happy one. Hugs, Angela xXx

Lisca said...

Oh I do hope that lurgy will leave you soon and that you will both feel okay again. Especially now the choir needs as many voices as possible in winter. I expect you are not the only one battling a cold.
I'm sorry to hear about so many friends having serious health set-backs. Unfortunately we are at that age that our friends (and ourselves for that matter) are more likely to get ill. All we can do is keep praying for them.
It certainly is good news that two of your boys are planning on coming. They will love it and so will you. It works both ways.
Lovely sunsets, as always. We are so lucky to live here.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Virginia said...

I'm late to the party, so sorry to hear you've been so unwell, unfortunately it sounds like the lurgy we've got and several weeks later we are seriously struggling to shake it off, literally driving us mad and the cough has been awful. Hopefully being able to take time to recuperate (something that hubby's workplace is not at all fond of), means that hopefully you will start to rally quite quickly.

I hope all goes well with the choir practice.

I'm sorry you've had a few friends fall so poorly, will say some prayers for them.

As for your good news that sounds fabulous and I'm sure your son will love the festivals, they always make such fabulous reads Kate.

Have a good weekend and week ahead.

Hugs