Friday, August 7, 2020

Rocking Your World 2020: Week 32

Sorry I am late posting today. I have been distracted! 

It has been incredibly hot this week, and also a bit humid, so I have little inclination to do very much. This is when I really applaud the Spanish custom of an after-dinner siesta!

The evenings are a bit pleasanter, though some days I have still needed to put the big fan on in order to do any crochet. Not that I have done a great deal of that, with a little fur ball chasing my yarn all the time.

In many ways he would rather be chasing the other cats who are not impressed at the little intruder who doesn't take 'No' for an answer! The dogs are tolerating him. Foxy is quite interested, but Kim seems almost scared of him! But they will both settle down in the evening while he is running around them, as long as he doesn't bother them too much.

It took the little fellow a few days to get over his long journey, and confinement in a small cat-carrier. On Sunday he went crazy all morning, and then slept for seven and a half hours straight off. He woke up to eat some tea, and then slept all evening and night. He has regulated himself now and alternates times of playing with times of cat-napping, and he really is very good.

Of course I have taken photos of him all week. He will stay a little baby for such a short time. So rather than showing loads of them here, I have made two 12" x 12" scrapbook pages for my 'random pages album', which I will add instead.


And that is all I have for you this week.

The situation in Spain is not too good right now, with more active cases of the virus cropping up nearer to here, though the main outbreaks are still further north. It has curtailed a little of our recently allowed activities, but they are working hard to keep it contained, and I think they are succeeding. I just wish some of the general public would be a bit more sensible. The Town hall workers came round disinfecting our streets again today. We haven't seen that for a while. I am just grateful for anything they can do to keep us all safe.

Now to link up with Annie's Friday Smiles and Rocking your world.

I believe my UK friends are enjoying a bit of a heat wave too. Stay safe everyone. Here is a little smile that seems relevant this week.

6 comments:

Celtic house said...

Oh bless, yes we are having a heatwave and I'm already tired of it, mind you I've had a cleaning day - 5 hours solid of cleaningm so I'm a little tired if truth be known, hubby it still busy doing some tiling in the kitchen currently.

Your little ball of fluff is seriously cute and has obviously settled in fine, I'm glad your other animals are coping with this new addition, I would imagine there is a difference in energy levels..

I hope they manage to contain the virus again so that new found freedoms can continue, have a beautiful and blessed week ahead.

Hugs

Annie said...

Oh Kate, I just adore your new little Tolly. What a pretty face and what a lucky little cat to have found such a good home....keep sharing his antics because, as you rightly say he wont be little for very long.
Stay safe.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Kate, I was early posting but late getting round it's just been one of those days. The heat hasn't helped either I rung my mother today when it should have been tomorrow and I made a complete mess of a card I was making, this heat is not good for me. Your kitty is so cute and pleased to see he's got over his journey and settling in well. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Tolly is adorable. I agree that you have gotten some great photos. My boys won't sit still for photos. I can't get them to sit at all when I get my camera out. You got a gem! I enjoyed both pages. So very clever how you shared the photos with your own words, too. I think he's stolen all our hearts. Have a super weekend, since Friday is already gone.

Sorry to read about the outbreak in the north. We haven't got an outbreak. Ours is constant and continual!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Kate, Tolly is gorgeous - and you are right, they grow up so quickly! Glad to hear he is settling in well, even if not all your menagerie appreciated him, yet.
It must be a bit skeery to have a second wave so close to home - we are being warned to expect some more cases - at the moment we have 23 active cases, all in managed isolation (i.e. people who have come in from overseas) - 99 days since there has been any community transmission!
Loving your cartoon!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lisca said...

Yes, I have been thinking of you living on the coast. But I know you do not go out much, and I'm sure you will stay safe.
Oh bless, little Tolly is gorgeous. I bet you have your hands full, but it's great fun I'm sure.
I smiled at the cartoon with the 'burning flesh'.
Have a lovely weekend with your menagerie.
Hugs,
Lisca