Friday, October 9, 2020

Rocking Your World 2020: Week 41

Well it is a short one from me today as I have little to write about. Annie is away on holiday this week so no Mr Linky, but I can still link with Virginia over at Celtic House, and of course we can still share our smiles (and not quite such happy moments).

So I will start with my big happy 'TaDa' moment. My multi-coloured project is finished. Remember those 90 fiddly little 'L' shaped pieces I was making in various colours. They were followed by a further 60 hexagons in the purple/pink background shade. Then they all had to be sewn together, in the right order of course, and here we have it. A piece of modern wall art in crochet. 
It is colouful and different, and the geometric design appeals to the mathematician in me. I am sure it is not to everyone's taste, but I love it. I bought two metal rods to thread through the tabs top and bottom, but it is not hung properly yet. I will spread it out more evenly and hang it better. This was just making use of some hooks that were already there, so I could take a photo today.
So of course I was happy to receive another squishy parcel this week with new yarn in it. This was ordered from a Danish company called Hobbii. They sell some beautiful yarns but as with most things Danish, they are usually out of my price range. But at the end of each year they have really good sale offers on a different yarn each week, and this one caught my eye.
Isn't it pretty. It looks good enough to eat. So now I am working on another pocket scarf, lighter weight than the previous one, but a bit longer and wider, and in a more simple stitch.

I am supposed to take good care of my feet because as a diabetic, feet are something that require some consideration. However I seem to have it in for my left foot. Having just about recovered from a bout of plantar faciitis, I then dropped a full jar of jam on it. That bruise has subsided, though not gone completely and now I have stubbed my little toe on the leg of my step stool. It was at an odd angle and at first I thought I had dislocated it (something that I did 50 years ago to the same toe). But now I think it is probably just bruised.
It is still swollen and sore, and the bruise has spread along the base of my toes, so the only shoes I can get on are flip-flops (a nuisance as we get fined if we are caught driving in them, so I am reliant on Chris taking me to the shops etc). My feet are not in the best of condition anyway as I cannot bend to reach them for the TLC they need, but I am sure this will soon be better. I really must be more careful!

And finally, another picture to make you smile. Tolly is still very cute but he can be an awful pest too. He so wants to play with the other animals but none of them welcome being pounced on. However every afternoon he has a long siesta, and his favourite resting place is the big settee which also happens to be Kim's chosen bed. So they are beginning to share it, and we have enjoyed some peaceful afternoons.
And with that I will ink up with Rocking Your World. Do pop over and join in with your positive moments from this week. 

5 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Kate. I know Annie's not here this week so thought I'd pop over to see what you've been up to. Loving the wall hanging it's brilliant you are so patient to complete this. Yes you really do need to be careful with your feet though who am I to comment! Nice to see the other members of the family getting on so well even if it's only for a short time. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Lisca said...

I must admit that I had forgotten that Annie had gone on holiday, but I found you anyway.
Wow, that wall hanging is stunning! Yes, it won't be to everybody's taste, but it is mine! I think it is amazing! Well done you for attempting such a challenging project and well done for the result. I like geometrical designs and this reminds me of the Dutch artist Escher. I'm sure you have seen his art.
I'm sorry about your toes. I said 'ouch' when I saw it. Do take care of your feet. Go see a podiatrist on a regular basis (I'm sure you do that already)
A lovely photo of Kim and Tolly on the couch. I'm sure Tolly can be a bit of a handful.
That Danish yarn is beautiful. Such lovely soft colours. It's like ice cream. Well done you for getting a bargain.
Have a great weekend (remember the shops will be closed on Monday),
Stay safe,
Hugs,
Lisca

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Kate - that foot looks painful :(.
Love your crochet wall hanging, and your new yarn looks gorgeous! A good excuse to sit with your foot up and rest it. We too get fined of we are caught driving in flip flops, so I drive bare footed at times...
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

craftyani said...

I just have to say how beautiful the crochet wall hanging is. I could imagine it on the wall over my bed. Love your new furry friend also. Is the sewing group still meeting in Turre had an enquiry from our sewing group. Ann

Virginia said...

Ah hun that is fabulous to see the two of them curled up on the sofa. I hope your foot improves, I was thinking as I read it that it wasn't that long since you mentioned you'd done something to your foot which isn't good.

As for the crochet - as ever I am in awe - absolutely stunning!