Friday, September 2, 2022

Friday Smiles 2022; Week 35

I am starting today with a gorgeous photo of two of my great-grandsons, that my granddaughter sent me this week. Young Alfie loves his new baby brother Reuben, and they both have such lovely smiles.

Emma also sent this photo which includes her and their elder brother Isaac and as you can see they are all smilers. Unbelieveably Isaac starts at secondary school next week! How did that come round so fast? He will probably be the youngest in his class or even year as he only turned eleven this week, but I think he will be just fine.

Now Mike and his family are back home they have posted photos of their holiday. It does seem quiet here this week and I am sure Kim misses their fuss and company. They have two dogs and two cats of their own so they are very used to animals and they loved having ours to cuddle up with. Although Kim lives a quiet life with just us two oldies for company, he really does seem to like people and he was quick to curl up with anyone who was around, so here is a little collage of the animals getting some love.

I spent one day this week sorting out my craft room, and in particular the computer desk. Chris built me a shelf so I could stack my two printers; an A4 laser black and white printer for letters etc, and a big flatbed colour injet printer for card making and printing 12" x 12" digital scrapbook pages. However, now I no longer print a weekly newsletter for the church, (the reason I bought it originally), the laser printer doesn't get used very often. So I have moved it to the spare room for now, but it will eventually come back in and sit on a small cupboard that I have under my desk. And in its place I have put my wonderful Silhouette Cameo , my digital cutter, that I use so much in my craft. It was under the window to my right but it stopped the window from opening properly, (this is an old Spanish house with traditionally inward opening windows), and also took up a lot of space there. So now I have a neater desk and a good useful space at the side of me for my current project, when I want to work on something and refer to a computer image as I do it.

I have a nasty sore on my hand which the doctor says is an infected ulcer so I had to take a swab from it and get it to the clinc at 8.00 yesterday morning, as that's the day the hospital collects samples etc for analysis. That meant I was up and out a bit earlier than usual and this was the sky as I stood at our front porch. We don't often see these sort of clouds and it was very calm and peaceful so I just breathed it all in before setting off for the clinic.

When I got out I walked a short block around the front of the village before going home. The sun was just breaking through the clouds and sending down shafts of light. 

And to my right was this lovely view of the Cabrera mountains with one of the tall pine trees that line the slip road. It turned into a lovely morning.

It had actually been a very mixed week and I am glad the family came last week and not this one. The sky has been overcast for part of every day which has raised the humidity level, but the temperature has remained high in the upper thirties, so it has been hot and sticky! We have even had a few short showers, mainly late evening and night time, but the rain was not enough to have a significant effect on the ground. We have been warned that we could get some severe storms in September when the 'gota fria', (a blast of colder air) meets with the rising condensation from an unusually warm sea, so we can only wait and see. At least the authorities have taken some steps to make the main town more protected against flooding. Let's hope they have done a good job!

Now I will popover to Annie's Friday Smiles, and I hope to see you there too.

5 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post this morning, Kate. Those great grandsons are so beautiful as are all your family featured. Smiley, indeed! It looks like you live in a beautiful area of the world. I hope you get on okay with your hand...at our ages we must be careful of these things. Take care from me in Canada.

LA Paylor said...

hope your hand is mending and blast of colder air sounds good to me. We moved to colorado hoping for lots of cold and it was til last year when suddenly it's hot most of the time. Global warming (and rising sea levels) is real...

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Kate, sorry I'm a bit late today. I started early and then got involved with other stuff. Hope your hand is better soon . I can understand how quiet your place must feel now the family have gone home. Great photograohs too. Happy weekend, Angela xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What lovely photos Kate - I have no doubt you week has seemed very quiet after all your family taking turns to visit for varying lengths of time.
Love your sky photos. Do hope you hand heals well - that sounds rather uncomfortable.
Blessings
Maxine

Celtic house said...

Oh I can imagine how much quieter it must seem now family have returned home. Well done on sorting your computer desk, I must admit every time I clear mine I end up with absolutely no idea what to make lol. I hope you have a lovely weekend and week ahead xxx