Friday, December 8, 2023

Friday Smiles 2023# Week 49

 I am late starting this today so I will probably be late posting it too.

Last week I prepared my post on Thursday afternoon and that evening we had a splendid sunset. I just about managed to take this photo with my left hand.

My hair had been bothering me since the accident as lazing in a chair all day meant it got rather tangled. So I talked Chris through a new skill - how to do a plait. First attempt didn't stay in for long, but then he got the hang of it.

However on Wednesday I wanted to go to my sewing group Christmas dinner and I knew something drastic was needed. So I did some ringing around and eventually found a lady who could come and cut it for me. So we got up early and Chris helped me take off the sling for the first time. Then he hosed me down in the shower and washed my hair. (The word pantomime springs to mind!). Then he helped me get dressed and soon I was ready to party!

After I saw this photo I got Chris to rescue our falling angel.

The meal was lovely. Everyone was so pleased to see me, and I had plenty of friends to help me with cutting up my food. I was worn out after such an eventful day and I slept well that night.


Today we ventured an outing to the artisan/Christmas market at the local camp site. We went early before too many people arrived and just stayed long enough to see all the stalls. There was some lovely work on display. I bought a turned wooden snowman, some chrystals in shades of purple, and a slice of Christmas cake which is double wrapped and stored away for a couple of weeks.

The lady who sells the clothes I like was there and I bought a pair of grey trousers, but I won't be able to wear them until I can shorten them.

Poor little Leo is sick again. He didn't come in one day but that evening he appeared and was very jumpy and wouldn't touch his food. The next day he was drooling and smelled real bad so I managed to get an emergency appointment and Chris took him to the vet, She thinks he had licked something very caustic and all inside his mouth and his tongue was covered in ulcers. He is on anti-biotics and painkillers and is now eating a bit, but he has a long way to go. He is back to four and a half kilos again, but once he is better I will hopefully get him back over five kilos again.

And finally, who doesn't love to see happy smiling chilren's faces at Christmas, so here is photo my granddaughter sent me of my three gorgeous great-grandsons. Credit for the photo goes to professional photographer Nesta Lloyd. She is friend of my granddaughter and once or twice a year she does a photo shoot with them.


So tomorrow I will publish this and link up with Annie's Friday Smiles.

5 comments:

Annie said...

I'm pleased to hear you've managed to get out and about....well done to Chris for the plait. What a gorgeous photo of the children....that's sure to make us smile.
Hugs,
Annie x

LA Paylor said...

You've had a time of challenges for sure, and yet you keep on living life and visiting friends. I had a back injury once that required a lot of my husband, and luckily he never complained. Your husband did a nice plaiting job!
LeeAnna

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Kate, I do hope Leo is better soon. It sounds awful whatever he picked up. I loved the plait it really suits you. The photograph you took Thursday evening is beautiful, well done. Pleased you enjoyed the market too. Have a good weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Kate. Oh. I tend to "forget" your trouble with your arm. I had to use me left for way too long back then...
Take care you don´t get used to that - mix-ups might follow! ;-)
Well done with your hair! Mine is too thin.
Yippee for our helpful partners and you look great :-)
I am sorry Leo is not well.
Happy parting pic - to a great weekend, hugs!

Celtic house said...

I'm glad you managed to go to your Christmas meal I'm sure it raised a smile. Well done to your hubby for learning a new skill, I think he did a fab job. So sorry that Leo isn't well again, fingers crossed for a quick recovery. The sunset shot is stunning as always and what a beautiful photo of your great grand children. Have a good week xxx