Way back at the end of May, in my usual Wednesday post, I was trying out a new set of dies and stamps ready for the 85th birthday of one of my sister's. Well she has finally had her celebrations so I can now show the finished card.
I started off with some white coated card and used ink dusters to add pink and a touch of yellow all over it. I then stamped the main rose script image and cut it out with the largest die from The Sizzix set - Decorative labels eight. I used the outer edge of the die to draw and hand-cut a cream, pearl mat and edged it with a gold Krylon pen and used pencils to add a little colour to the smaller flower, the leaves and the butterfly. I then stamped the single rose (which perfectly matches the larger one on the script stamp), coloured it with copic markers and cut it out with the corresponding die. I did the same with the butterfly but I had to take this from the main image and cut it by hand. Then I shaped them a little and used silicone glue to add them to the main panel. I found some pink card for the base which matched the rose, and a small pink bow for the upper corner. Once again my new Britannia word dies were used to cut the sentiment, and a small fabric butterfly from my stash finished it off. The stamps and dies are all from Heartfelt creations, Bella rose collection.
Unbeknown to me, my sister Jean also had just bought this stamp and intended using it for the same sister's card. Fortunately she saw my Wednesday post and decided to use something different!