Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Finished!

About seven years ago, I think, we took Jonathan and Ben on holiday to a camp site at Platja d'Aro on the Costa Brava. While we were there I spotted this counted cross stitch kit in a little shop, and loved the picture so much that I bought it. When I got it home I realised it was quite a challenge. The fabric is even-weave and there were so many different colours of thread, several of them with only one shade difference between them. I did a little bit and then put it aside while I did a simpler one. I have completed several small projects since then, but every now and then I got this one out and did a little bit more. After six years or so, I had completed about half of the design. So I brought it with me for our six months in Spain. I know from previous holidays that the light out here is very good for sewing. Most days we go out in the morning, come home for a late lunch, and then relax all afternoon. As you will have read in my blog, I often use this time to sit up on the roof terrace and do some sewing, and my perseverance has paid off, because today I finished my picture! It had been hanging around for so long that it was very grubby so I washed it and it has come up fine. I shall wait until I get home to have it framed as I know a lady near Oswestry who does them so well. She framed that nice piece of sewing that we brought back from Thailand.
The only problem now is that we are only three months into our holiday. What am I going to do now?

No comments: